Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Wisdom Panel 2.0 Dog DNA Test: Review

Thursday, May 16, I went out on the porch to discover my Wisdom Panel had arrived!! I excitedly brought it in, read the instructions--and promptly crated Buddy for the two hour wait, since he and Sophie share a water bowl. I gave him water in the crate for the two hours, and watched him, to keep from him eating anything or drinking shared water, as per the instructions. I didn't want to contaminate the test. He was unhappy with me when I crated him--He was even more unhappy with me when I started swabbing his mouth!

Buddy is not amused


On Tuesday, May 28, I received an email telling me my results were in! *Drumroll* He is a Chow Chow/Siberian Husky/Labrador Retriever/Great Pyrenees mix! If you don't think that's a mouthful, say it a few more times and watch your tongue magically twist itself into a knot.



Now, when asked to guess what my dog was, everyone seemed to get the same idea; Chow, Lab, and a plethora of unrecognizable breeds. The woman who gave him to me told me he was a Lab/Husky cross. So, while Great Pyrenees never came up, I can definitely believe it.

They estimated his adult weight as 42-67 pounds, intact. At 48 pounds, he's on the lower end of their spectrum, but at least he's on it!

So would I say the Wisdom Panel test was accurate? Yes. Would I recommend a friend try it? Without a doubt. Would I take it again for a different dog? Definitely.

I'm not using my go-to pros and cons list, because their are no cons!

I say give it a shot. 5 out 5 treats! Head on over, and tell 'em Buddy sent you!

1 comment: