Thursday, May 30, 2013

Boomerang Pet Tags: Review

Today, Buddy and I are reviewing two products from Boomerang Pet Tags--A stainless steel tag, and a CollarTag, also stainless steel.

The stainless steel tag; Good size, easy to read, lots of information fits on it. I got the bone shape, large. I had Buddy's blog name, Buddy the Mutt, on the front, and my phone and email address on the back. I've been using it for a little over a week now, and it's not fallen off and it's still easy to read, something that I was worried about after the short lifespan of my Pet Depot tag. Buddy and I have swam, hiked, and played in the mud in the last week, all without issue.




The CollarTag; 5 lines of information on it (Buddy the Mutt, my number, and my email) and considering the only available surface for engraving is the front, I was sufficiently impressed. I hadn't expected it all to fit. I didn't like the quotes around Buddy's name, which I wouldn't have like even if the rest of his blog name hadn't been under it--seems like you're saying the name isn't real or important--but with the rest of his blog name under it, it really didn't make sense to add the quotes. Not a true con, just a personal thing. Ditto the above about not falling off, and getting very dirty this past week.

My camera couldn't focus on the tag, so this was the best I could do.



Boomerang Pet Tags No Quibble Guarantee:
If, after receiving your tag(s) you don't agree they are as nice, or nicer, than any Pet ID Tag you have ever seen, you are welcome to return it/them for a complete "no quibble" refund. You can't beat that.What we do GUARANTEE:We guarantee your satisfaction with any tag you purchase from us.We guarantee our plastic tags will last for two years from the date of purchase and will not break or come apart due to a manufacturering defect. However, we cannot guarantee tags to be "chew" proof.We guarantee our CollarTags™ will remain "functional" for the life of your pet. We will replace a tag free of charge if they ever become unreadable. (Please see below regarding our collars.)Please note that a free replacement tag will have the same exact information as that which was engraved on the original tag. (On a warranty replacement tag, changes are not allowed to the pet name, phone number, et cetera.)What we do NOT guarantee:We do not guarantee tags or collars against loss.We do not guarantee the instructions you send us to be correct. When you place your order, please carefully double-check that you are ordering the correct type of tag, size, and that all of the text (phone number, etc) is correct. If the order was placed incorrectly, please place and pay for another order to obtain a corrected replacement.We do not guarantee collars we sell against wearing out: Dogs are very hard on their "things." We offer collars as a convenience to our customers, and we have endeavored to find the best collars available. We cannot guarantee the collars we sell against anything, they will not last indefinitely. Eventually, the collar you purchase from us (or anyone else) may wear out and a new collar will need to be purchased. However, we DO guarantee that any CollarTag™ will not wear out nor fall off of the correct-width collar. Remember that a CollarTag™ can be moved to a new collar whenever your pet's current collar inevitably does end up needing to be replaced.

I was impressed with the company and quality of the tags they provide, and will definitely be buying more tags from them. 5 out of 5 treats! So head on over, and tell 'em Buddy sent you!


Tip: Dogs are messy, so it stands to reason that your tag would get a little smudgy as well. I know mine did, especially after swimming. You can buy a microfiber cloth and some lens cleaner for cheap at the eye department in your local Wal-Mart, or any store that sells glasses-related things. (Loving my descriptions yet?)  I wear glasses, so had it just laying around. A quick spray of cleaner and a wipe with the cloth, and your tags will be shining like new!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I found your blog through DogForum.com, I am Dobergirl on there! Thanks for the review, I wouldn't like it if they put Dina's name in quotation marks or our blog name Dog the Dina. Still looks like a great product though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be keeping your pets in indoors and hardly bring them out. So, you may think that there is no need for a Pet ID Tags
    . But it is a wrong belief. A Pet Identification Tags is really inevitable even if you keep them in indoors only.

    ReplyDelete