Monday, May 27, 2013

What a Day

Our day started bright and early at 7am. Too early!



We loaded into the car at 8am, headed to the animal shelter an hour away to look into getting Buddy a new friend--one his size, who could play with him without having to worry about their entire head being swallowed.

Buddy doesn't see a problem with the size difference!


So we met with this pretty girl, aaand Buddy didn't like her, one bit. Unfortunate, because I fell in love three seconds after meeting her. But it was his choice, and he was giving some very clear no signals.




We loaded back into the car for the drive home. We stopped to drop my father off at his house, and Buddy got out of the car, sans leash and courtesy of a door left open by my dad. A pack of little strays jumped him, luckily not doing any damage before I got in between them. Well, Buddy has a little scratch on his back, but given that there was three or four of them and one of Buddy, it was a good outcome.

Then it was off to a Memorial Day cook-out, which we originally planned to bring Buddy too, but after his run in with the mini-cujos at my dads, we decided to let him cool off in his crate for awhile. Now? Now I think I'm going to take a nap.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment