Friday, June 28, 2013

Where Oh Where to Go

Oh, Alabama, how I hate thee; Let me count the ways!

Oh wait, then we'd be here for a few years. And I don't know about you guys, but I haven't got that kind of time for making lists.

Anywho, I've been looking for a place for me and Buddy to exercise, in between bouts of ripping out my hair. Why? Because my neighbors thought it would be a wonderful idea to get a potentially dog aggressive dog, stick it on a $2 tie out from the dollar store that I can break just by looking at it, and proceed to never socialize it, ever. That adorable puppy they brought home and plopped it the front yard? It grew up. Lovely dog, note the sarcasm.

Back on topic, so far, I've got the lake that's a 30ish minute drive away--bearing in mind I have no car--which simply won't work. Great place for occasionally swimming; Not so great for everday walking.

The problem here is not that Alabama has nowhere I could exercise, it's just not quite dog friendly. Ugh!

If anyone has suggestions in the meantime for getting all his energy out, I'm all ears!

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any sidewalks or trails near your house you can walk? Maybe get some pepper spray so you can safely stay outside with Buddy? Flirt pole? Trick training? Throwing a ball down the hallway? For you you could do what I'm doing; yoga, pushups/crunches/sit ups/squats, jump ropes, jumping jacks, ect.

    ReplyDelete