Buddy and I were nominated for four awards, the Super Sweet Blogger Award, the Liebster Award, the Sunshine Award and the Opposites Attract Award!! A giant thank you to Adventures of Susie the Doxie for our nominations for the Super Sweet Blogger Award and the Liebster Award! (And an apology for this post taking so long) And molte grazie to Dachshund Nola for our Sunshine Award and Opposites Attract Award nomination! (How funny that we saw those two nominations just as we were about to post for the previous two!)
Now, onward, to the awards! First is the Super Sweet Blogger Award!
The five rules for receiving the award:
- Thank the Super Sweet Blogger who nominated you Check!
- Answer five super sweet questions Check!
- Include the Super Sweet Blogging award image in your blog post Check!
- Nominate a bakers dozen bloggers to receive the Super Sweet Blogging award Check!
- Notify your nominees on their blog In progress!
Aaand the five questions are:
- Cookies or Cake? Cookies, especially fresh out of the oven!
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla, unless I can mix strawberry with the chocolate!
- Favorite sweet treat? Hmm.. ice cream is probably my favorite.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? When I'm bored, usually.
- Sweet nickname? Don't have a nickname!
Now, the Opposites Attract Award!
And a quick break to say that the 11 random facts for the liebster award will be about me, and the 11 random facts for the Sunshine Award will be about Buddy!
Next is the Liebster Award!
The three rules for receiving this award are:
- The nominee must have 200 or less followers, since the award is just for the noobs.
- Link to the nominators blog in your post. Check!
- Answer 11 questions asked by your nominator. Check!
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself. Check!
- Display the award on your blog. Check!
My 11 answers:
- What's the first book you ever read? If you can't remember, what's your favorite? I've always loved to read, so I can't recall my first book. But my favorite is probably Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen. Yes it's cheesy, yes it's girly, but I love it. I still reread it frequently now, and I read it the first time four years ago!
- What's your favorite summer time activities? Swimming is probably my favorite, but I also love love love bonfires. Sitting around the fire with your family and friends at night, everybody laughing and playing and teasing each other; It's a fun time all around. Most people do bonfires in the fall, I know, but we do them all year long--mostly in summer.
- Rainy days or sunny days? Rainy days, for sure. What kind of life have you lived if you can't take time to dance in the rain? Plus, being all hot and sweaty is gross.
- What's the farthest you've ever traveled from home? I've been to Canada before, which is pretty far away from Alabama.
- Any weird quirks? I don't know if this counts, but I sing a lot. All the time actually; In the shower, in my living room, in the car, in the grocery store, at family reunions, at school. They're pretty much isn't a place I won't sing (quietly!) I love it!
- What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? Uhm.. I can't think of anything particularly weird, I'm not all that adventurous when it comes to cuisine.. But a lot of people do think it's weird that I like to eat fries dipped in ice cream or mayonnaise and pickles on my grilled cheeses!
- What's a dog breed you'd like to own someday? How am I supposed to answer that?? There's so many I'd love to own!! I want my next dog to be a herding breed though--probably Australian Shepherd or Papillon.
- What's your dog's/cat's "color" (for collars/leashes/etc) Buddy doesn't have one, and if I had to pick, I'd just say leather in general. I love leather products. Almost everything Sophie owns is red, though. Her food and water bowl, her collar, her collection of harnesses and leashes.
- How did you get your current pet(s)? Buddy was a craigslist ad (yes I know, shame on me; I have no regrets :p He's amazing) and Sophie was (I think) born in the shelter. Or at least, she was only 8 weeks old when we found her there with her litter mates, so we assumed.
- What's your favorite time of day? None! I like nighttime better. I often go outside at night to read (with the assistance of a book light, unless the moon is full) or look at the stars or just lay down and think (or sing, of course!). When you're alone at night, it feels like the universe is at your fingertips, like you're capable of anything. To me, at least.
- Favorite way to spend your time? Uhm, duh! With Buddy and Sophie! :)
11 Random Facts:
- A favorite hobby of mine is writing (obviously) but I use a pen name when writing stories.
- I'm terrified every time I go swimming, but love it so much I force myself to swim anyways.
- I'm completely addicted to DogForum!
- I like planning trips, even one's I know I won't be going on.
- I love pickles! I eat them straight out of the jar.
- I've modeled a few times (just for a friend of a friend who does photography)
- I alternate between loving Alabama and detesting it frequently.
- I was in Ag and FFA for most of my junior high/high school time. It's the only thing I miss about it, too!
- I want to work in an Agricultural field when I graduate.
- I'm starting community college in the spring--A decision I only recently made. I just couldn't leave Buddy.
- I go almost everywhere barefoot. Literally. I've been to wal-mart barefoot, grocery stores, even a restaurant once. I always tell people my flip flops just broke, and they never question it!
Lastly, the Sunshine Award!
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you. Check!
- Share 11 random facts about yourself. Check!
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger made up for you Check!
- Make up 11 questions for your nominees. Check!
- Pass it along to as many bloggers as you'd like! Check!
11 Random Facts:
- Buddy has absolutely no manners with other dogs; He's very in-your-face (and butt!)
- He can't be normal and chase the cats. He has to lick them. Obsessively.
- He likes to chew little holes into water bottles and drink from the stream, even if he has a full bowl of water right in front of him.
- He will go out of his way to run through a puddle of water, but he hates getting his paws wet by walking on wet grass. I don't even fully understand that one, lol!
- He's scared of moving water, like creeks.
- He de-fleas the guests by nibbling on their legs and arms. I guess he doesn't want anyone bringing bugs into the house!
- He get's extremely jealous. If I'm playing with Sophie or the cats, he'll climb onto the arm of the couch to get in my face and demand attention, or even plop his whole 50 lb self into my lap.
- Despite being intact, he has never tried to mark in the house. Though when we went to the shelter to look at adopting, that was another, very embarrassing story all together..
- He likes feet. A lot. Especially mine.
- If I leave him out of the crate and home alone for so much as 2 minutes, I have to buy all new furniture. Literally.
- He has a very serious, reserved demeanor in all going-ons... Unless we're playing fetch!
My nominees are:
- Do you enjoy exercise and working out? Definitely! I may not be in shape enough to exercise for long, but I do love running, walking, and I'm starting to get into yoga.
- Favorite time of day (or night)? Expanding on what I said earlier, my favorite time of night is about 2-4 am, just before the day starts. I can't really explain why, but I love it.
- What is your dream dog breed, even if you're not a good fit for them? Border Collie, or Brazilian Mastiff/Fila Brasileiro. I could never own either of them, but they are amazing dogs!
- What is one of your favorite songs and/or band/artist? Song is next to impossible to name lol, but my favorite band is Cipes and the People.
- Favorite book or book series? Since I already said favorite book, my favorite book series has to be the Cal Leandros Series by Rob Thurman.
- Early bird or night owl? Night owl. My sleep schedule is most typically go to bed about noon and wake up about 9-10 pm.
- How tall are you? 5'9"
- Damn or "drat" (Curse like a sailor or prim and proper)? Damn lol. I definitely fall into the cursing like a sailor camp, though I try to temper it online.
- What's your style? I don't know what you'd label it, but I typically wear blue jeans, boots, t-shirt, and a green denim jacket. You decide what you want to call it!
- Ocean or mountains? Ocean, all the way. I love the ocean more than anything, and if I can't go see it at least once a year, I get really depressed. I want to live by the ocean when I'm older, and have dabbled with the idea of studying Marine Biology.
- What is your favorite smell? Honeysuckles. They always make me think of summers as a child, when we had this giant bush of honeysuckle growing at the edge of blackberry patch in our backyard, and me and my cousin could spend all day out there, eating blackberries and honeysuckles.
My nominees are:
For the Liebster Award, the Super Sweet Blogger Award, and the Sunshine Award:
- The Five Dog Blog
- The Adventures of Puppy and Cat
- Always With Yoo
- Notes From Olivia's Human
- The Muttley Crew
- Margs Animals
- Fuzzy Love
- Tails of Teach
- Crazy Coulee and Little Lacey
- 2 Punk Dogs
- My Rotten Dogs
And for the Super Sweet Blogger Award and the Opposites Attract Award:
Lastly, my 11 questions for my nominees (Sunshine and Liebster. Shhh. I'm not creative enough to come up with 22!):
- What's your favorite season?
- What do you like most about your current pet(s)? Dislike?
- What's your biggest fear?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What's your favorite genre of music?
- What's your favorite genre of movie?
- What's your best childhood memory?
- What made you choose your current pet(s)?
- How old were you when you got your first pet?
- If could you go anywhere in the world for free, where would you go?
- Would you bring your pets with you (if no quarantine laws existed)?