Monday, September 30, 2013

Oh, Rats!

Ready to find out what Sophie's snuggle-competition is?

Drumroll, please.....

Rats! (as if the title didn't give it away) I picked up a trio of rats yesterday from a breeder, after two-three months of preparation and getting tortured by seeing their baby pics on Facebook. I've named them Siren, Selkie, and Sedna, all three from mythology pertaining to the ocean. I really wanted ocean themed names, and was going to get just a pair, but the breeder messaged me to say that she had re-thought her female keepers, and I jumped at the chance to add on a girl I'd admired since she was just a few days old.

Their cage, a modified bird cage, empty,
the night I set it up.


And the girls! The names on the pics are the one's they had at the breeders

Siren, left, and Sedna, right, day 7
Siren, day 9
Siren, day 11
Siren, day 17
Siren, day 21
Siren, day 27
Siren, day 30
Siren, day 33/34
Sedna, day 9
Sedna, day 11
Sedna, day 17
Sedna, day 21
Sedna, day 27
Sedna, day 30
Sedna, day 33/34
Selkie, day 7
Selkie, day 9
Selkie, day 11
Selkie, day 17
Selkie, day 21
Selkie, day 27
Selkie, day 30
Selkie, day 33/34

In the home-made travel cage on the way home.



A little free range/bonding time at home.




Settling in.





They even have their own blog! I couldn't resist. I post on Black and White Sunday, Wordless Wednesday, and do actual written posts on Fridays. You may have seen it pop up in blog hops even! Pint Sized Paws is the name! (and the link) Check it out!

2 comments: